Monday, August 4, 2008

1st day of school




Today was Hunter's first day of preschool and I was a little nervous. He started a new school with new friends, and I was just a little nervous as to how he would react to everything. Stephen and I gave him a pep talk all weekend about starting a new school and trying to prepare him for Monday morning. As we drove to school Hunter said "Mommy how about I call you when I'm ready for you to come and pick me up?" I explained to him that I would pick him up when school was over and we would go home and have lunch. When we walked into his classroom he had this look on his face as if he were nervous so I wrapped him in my arm and said "are you okay?" he said "yes" so I told him that I was leaving and to give me a hug and a kiss. He is only 3, so I figured that I could get away with getting some love before I left. That was it, as I had tears come to my eyes and I held them back, my little boy is getting so big that he showed not emotions at all. It was "bye Mommy I love you", and out the door I went.


So for 3 hours I thought about him constantly. I had all of the thoughts any mother would have such as Is he okay?, Is he getting along with all of the other kids?, Is he being good for the teacher? and so on. Well Toby came over to hang out for a little while so the both of us went to pick him up. I was so anxious to see him and find out how things went that I thought I got to the school early. There were 4 other parents in front of me so I did not get there early enough. When I finally made my way to the front of the line and told his teacher who I was there to pick up there he was...my sweet angel. The first thing that he said to me was "Mommy, I missed you so much today!" Man was I glad to hear that, he does still need his Mommy. So we hugged and kissed again and he realized that I had Toby so he lets out this loud voice and exclaims "Toby!" On the drive home I asked him what did he learn in school today? He tells me " Ummm I learned to sit down." I'm so glad that someone was able to teach him how to sit down because I sure couldn't. He had a good day and asked if we can do this again and I said sure Hunter how about we try this tomorrow.

No comments: