Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas 2008



Christmas this year was so much fun! Hunter had a better understanding this year of the whole Santa Claus ordeal. Stephen and I thought that we were never going to get him to go to sleep. Christmas Eve we went to my in-laws to do our Christmas and Paw Paw and Maw bought Hunter a smart cycle. He is amazed by his "motorcycle". He actually went to sleep whispering "I'm gonna ride my mocycle tomorrow", repeatedly. It was really cute, regardless of how tired Santa and Mrs. Claus were. We tried everything to try to get him to fall asleep and he was so anxious that it was almost 11 p.m. before we succeeded.

Christmas morning he was up extremely early, but we finally got out of bed at 6:19 am. We are terrible, but considering it was after 2 before we went to bed, we were a little exhausted. Before he could come out of the room I had to go and wake up Brian and Austin for the excitement. When it was finally time I had the video camera all set up and Hunter appeared. He peaks over the couch and says "WOW", and runs straight to his John Deere gator that was full of goodies. He got everything that he asked for plus some. He really wanted a shotgun, hungry hungry hippos, and a bow and arrow. All of our kids received everything they asked for plus some. We are very thankful.

For the rest of the day we just relaxed and napped until around 6 when my family came over to our house. I was so glad to see my nieces and nephews and the joy in their eyes. Hunter received two bow and arrows, one from Grandaddy and Noni, and one from his sissy. He was overwhelmed and wanted to immediately shoot them both. Santa Claus brought me a new camera and I was to busy video taping Christmas morning that I did not take any pictures. So I made up for the pictures at Maw's house and Christmas evening at our house. Santa Claus is the sweetest man I have ever met, I love that fat man!

As we head into 2009 I am forever grateful for all of the blessings in my life. I have an amazing husband, 4 healthy and beautiful children, a beautiful house, and the list can go on and on. I can only hope that 2009 will be as wonderful as 2008. May you find peace and blessings in the new year!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that family picture!! Will you please make me a copy?