Thursday, December 11, 2008

Update on our precious children



On Monday December 1st Brian received his class ring. Back when I received my high school class ring the school representative just handed you your ring at lunchtime and you might have gotten a congratulations. It has been so long ago that I can not remember, but I do know they never had a ring ceremony. Now they have ring ceremonies and go all out for the up and coming graduates. Herff Jones, which is the company that we purchased the ring from, explained the purpose of the ring, acknowledged each individual student, and presented the student with a rose for their parents. After the ceremony they provided a southern dinner complete with barbecue sandwiches, coleslaw, potato chips, a cookie, and it is not a southern meal without the sweet tea.
I'm sure that the cost of the ring covered the meal, but none the less, the ceremony was really nice. Brian gave me an orange rose that was quite beautiful. I wanted to cry when they called his name. It was just a ring ceremony! I'm sure those emotions are nothing compared to what I will feel when he actually graduates high school. Then college graduation will be worse than high school. I guess I should start stock piling the Kleenex now. We are very proud of Brian and the accomplishments that he has achieved this far, and are looking forward to his future achievements. I love this kid so much!

Brittaney called us yesterday and she informed us that she has all A's. WOW! She has always had A's and B's and her Daddy rewards her with money for every report card. She is in the 9Th grade, her first year of high school, and she has all A's. Now that is something to brag about! Because of her grades she does not have to take final exams next week which means she can start her Christmas break early...on Wednesday. Britt keep up the good work, Daddy and I are so very proud of you girl!!!
Austin is still hanging in there. This year has been really tough for him in middle school. He explains to us that it is this one particular teacher who continues to give him such grief. He still has A's and B's though and we are proud of him for that.

Hunter is gearing up for his Christmas program that he will be performing next week, on Wednesday. He is the most adorable little boy that I have ever seen. He is 3 year's old and to hear him sing the Christmas songs makes me giggle just a little bit. He has grown up so much and is so sweet and loving. Here lately he asks me some of the most serious questions and I wonder where he learns this stuff from? There is no telling where he learns some of the things that he learns. The other day I was laying in bed with him and he just starts hugging and kissing me and says "Mommy I don't want to lose you". Wow! I was stunned, I did not know what to say much less how to respond. I acted on my first response and with tears in my eyes I grabbed up that big brown eyed, loving angel and wrapped my arms around him as tight as I could and said "Honey you are not going to lose Mommy, I love you to the moon and back and always will". Where does a 3 year old get these idea's from? Then last night as I was in the bathroom preparing for bedtime, I told him to go and get in bed and I would be right there to say his prayers and tuck him in. He grabbed my leg and said again in that sweet little voice " I just don't want to lose you". I assured him that he was not going to lose me and I would be right there. The most rewarding job that I have ever had is being a Mommy and as I am working hard to get my education to start my career, I do not think that any career will ever compare to the lifelong career that a woman has when she becomes a Mommy.

I love my kids with all of my heart and I am so glad that I am someone in their eyes. Brian, Britt, and Austin I just want to say thanks for allowing me to be your "Heather" and Hunter I am so proud to be your "Mommy". I am very proud of each of you, and keep believing in your dreams! Much love!

No comments: