Monday, September 7, 2009

Good bye Summer!

With the opening of dove season, football and Labor day weekend it only means one thing...Fall is around the corner. Oh the crisp air, changing of leaves, and the days getting shorter I get excited every year. I may sound crazy, but I love to have all of my windows open mopping my floors with the fall breeze blowing the smell of clean throughout the house. I love Fall! Spring is a favorite of mine as well.
Summer in Georgia is to hot for me so I really look forward to the cooler weather. Today Brian and Hunter took their last swim in the pool for the season and the water was freezing. I am glad that we have a pool, but as the cliche goes " I love to see it come and I love even more to see it go." It is to much trouble to take care of keeping the chemicals balanced, vacuuming it often, and the dreaded summer electric bills.
I got excited today as Brian and I were talking about potato soup. We make a lot of soups and casserole's in the fall and winter that warms the soul. I'm always up for new recipes if anyone has some that they want to share and I will be glad to share a few of mine in future post. Or if you are looking for something in particular let me know and I will share them sooner.

With my excitement of Fall must I say good bye summer and Happy Fall Ya'll!

No comments: