Tuesday, September 8, 2009

How long will it take to adjust?

Last week Stephen found out that he would be working night's for the next 3 to 4 weeks and he was ready for the change. His only hesitation is not being able to sleep with us at night and missing out on Friday night football games with the kids. Hunter is not ready for the change at all. Today was Stephen's first day on the night shift so he went and checked out Hunter to spend the day with him. They have been together all day before we went to soccer practice and when we got home he had already left for work. It is after 10 p.m. and he is still in my bed crying, as he has been doing for the past 30 minutes, " I want Daddy, I really want Daddy....Daddy!"
I have not really paid much attention to how much he has become a Daddy's boy until tonight. He has always been a Mommy's boy and he will tell you that he is Mommy's baby and Daddy's big boy. Stephen has been telling me that slowly but surely he is making the change over to being his boy and he would joke with me just wait he will soon be all mine. Laughing, I would just tell him, "whatever he will always need his Mommy". Tonight I'm second guessing myself.
I love to see how their relationship is just blossoming into best buddies, but I'm getting a little jealous now, not really. Stephen is such a wonderful Daddy to his children and I'm so glad that we have a man who takes such good care of his family and is willing to work odd hours and shifts to support us.

2 comments:

April & Brittaney said...

Sorry to hear that Hunter (and You it seems) is having a hard time adjusting... but as for Stephen I will keep my comments to myself...

Heather O'Pry said...

And what does that mean?