Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's memories

It was not until four years ago that I really had a reason to celebrate Valentine's Day. No' not for the silly LOVE holiday, but because that is the day that I was hospitalized, at 7 months pregnant, and four days later I received the best gift ever...my little boy. I have never been one to celebrate Valentine's Day because I think it is just a Hallmark holiday. I have always told Stephen that if you can not show me everyday...well then do not show me one day of the year. I will tell you that he does show me every day. We have a mutual understanding about the whole Valentine's garbage.
This year we celebrated Hunter's fourth birthday on Valentine's day. I can not believe that four years have literally flown by. The funny thing is I remember it like it was yesterday. I have a terrible memory and it has only gotten worse with age, but this is one memory that I hold so close to me. Hunter had his closest family and friends at his house to celebrate this big event and he was in heaven. He kept going over the guest list Saturday morning and as I named everyone that was coming he was in awe one name after another. By the time it was showtime he could not wait to see everyone. He had a monster truck cake, tractor balloons, cake, ice cream, and everyone that he loves...what more could he ask for? Okay... a four wheeler, maybe. Yes, his Daddy thought that his little boy needed a four wheeler in addition to his John Deere gator, and his power wheels four wheeler. I was really nervous about this purchase because Hunter is not scared of anything and I was not sure if he was ready for a real four wheeler. Stephen continued to inform me "Oh Mama, quit worrying he is a big boy now".
So, on Sunday Stephen and Brian took him to the hunting club while I stayed home and completed a huge essay that was due for English class. They assured me that Hunter did so good and had adjusted to the gas and the brake...until the end. He got a little "gas" happy when they were ready to put the four wheeler up, but he did well.
He had a really good birthday party and I am so grateful for everyone who came and celebrated our little miracle baby turning 4. Stephen and I are so fortunate to have our friends and family who love us so much! I will have pictures shortly to follow.

No comments: