Monday, November 16, 2009

A simple prayer

Tonight Hunter was in the bathtub and he was talking about his recent visit to his Uncle Lyde and Aunt Ash's church and all of the fun that he had. I asked him if he knew what a prayer request was? He looked at me crazy and said "noooo". I knew that was the answer because Ashley told me that the teacher asked him if he had any prayer request and he came off with some story (I wish I knew what he was saying) rather than a prayer request.

I explained to Hunter what a prayer request was and he immediately without hesitation bowed his head, folded his hands and started talking to Jesus. The only thing that I heard was "please bring my kitty back to me, my mommy, my daddy, my bubba, and bubbie. I love you and I miss you." He opened his eyes and I just wanted to cry. How sweet is my baby boy?

Then his yuckiness comes out...

Once he got dressed he wanted a snack before bedtime therefore we came into the kitchen and then I had to go to the laundry room for a quick duty and it was off to bed. While I was in the laundry room Hunter of course has to follow me everywhere so he found a bug in the laundry room and he got his shoe and mushed it. He said what do I do with it? I told him to throw it(the bug) in the trash and he said "I like these shoes, I want to keep them" because the bug was still smashed into the bottom of the shoe. I laughed and told him to throw the bug in the trash and keep his shoe and then he replies "but I want to keep this bug" how gross! only boys, so I insisted that he throw the bug into the trash and explained that we do not keep bugs because that is gross.

As we came back into the living room there was a small bug crawling on the floor and he said "Oh Mama I got it" and smash went the bug into my floor. So he runs to the kitchen grabs a paper cup and says in pure delight "Ooh my creature, now I can show my teacher and my class". I tried to explain to him AGAIN that we do not keep dead bugs, but he assured me that other students in his class bring the all of the time. So I left it alone thinking once he goes to bed then I will just throw the bug away and he will forget about it. Not so fast! He took the time out to browse through my scrapbook items, find some tape, and carefully cut a piece of paper to cover the top of the cup (as if this dead bug was going to crawl out!). When he realized that was not going to work he went to the kitchen and got a dish rag and placed over the top of it and came to me and said in the sweetest voice "Mommy I need a rubber band to cover my creature so I can take it on the bus." I told him that he could not take this bug to school until he asked his teacher and he replied "OK, do you have her number?" I could not help but laugh hysterically and he looked at me as though he did not understand what was going on. I told him that we would leave the bug at home and tomorrow he could ask his teacher if he could bring his "creature". This kid amazes me all of the time...I love his sensitive side so much and the way he makes me laugh.

No comments: