Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The tears have started to pour...

Today was open house for the boy's. It started with Brian's school, he has a really good schedule with a couple of his teacher's from past years. I really think that this year will be a good year for him, not just because it is his senior year, but he has great teachers. I was able to talk to his coaches today and thanked them for talking some sense into Brian for giving in and playing football. Yes, Brian was not going to play football and that decision devastated Stephen and I. We really looked forward to Friday night football and this year was going to be special because our son was going to be a senior. After my phone call to the head coach he wanted to meet with Brian and talk with him. They met yesterday afternoon and Brian agreed to play. I do not know what was said, I'm just thankful that his coaches care enough about him to talk him into playing.
After spending almost two hours in the hot high school fighting for parking spots and top lockers it was on to Hunter's school. As soon as I walked in his class and he went on his own way the tears started to pour. I really tried hard to hold them back, but there was no hope. I'm sure that Monday will be worse and I told his teachers that I would be sure to bring my own box of kleenex. Mrs. Bell assured me that I could come and sit in his class at any time because obviously he would not be distracted by my company. I told her that the only way that I would sit in on her class was if she needed my help. It's not that Hunter will not do well, it is just that my baby will be going to school all day long. For four years now it has been Hunter and I together every day...all day. I will be fine, I'm just a big cry baby right? No, I have a very soft heart especially when it comes to my children. Sometimes I wish that I could stop the clock and they would not grow so fast. Before we know it Brian will be gone off to college and then Britt, Austin, and we will have a few years before Hunter will follow. It is hard to believe how fast our children have grown, but it has been a pure joy to watch them develop into their own personalities.
So, please pray for me and I will keep you updated on how Hunter's first day of class goes and how I will do. For all of you who know me, well you already know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww. I, too, cannot believe Hunter is going to school!

Be brave!
:]

Michelle said...

Awwww, come to my house tomorrow and we can cry together. (I miss Toby) Bring the chocolate...I have the potato chips and ice cream :(