Monday, July 6, 2009

Our Beach Trip

Brittaney and Austin were so cute together...they really love each other.

On June 19Th our family headed north (well north of us) to Hilton Head Island. All 6 of us went and Paw Paw and Maw. We rented a condo in a beautiful resort right on the beach. The landscaping was gorgeous and they even had wild rabbits running all over the grounds eating the
green grass. The rabbits would let you get within feet of them, but never would let us pet them.
The weather was beautiful and the beach...well it was nice except I could not see my feet. Originally, Brian had a football camp at Georgia Southern on Saturday so we made a family vacation out of it and went on to South Carolina. We arrived on Friday and played at the ocean for a short time before supper. On Saturday morning Brian and Stephen headed for Statesboro for a full day of football camp while we all stayed and enjoyed the ocean. I really did not want Stephen to go by himself, but he insisted that I stay and have fun with the younger three. He is such a good husband and a great father.


We played a round of miniature golf because Maw can not ever go to the beach without playing putt-putt. She even has Hunter thinking that now. It was extremely hot and muggy and the bugs were horrible. None the less, we had a good time playing, but was certainly glad to see the 18Th hole. Stephen of course was the champion, but I did come in second. Hunter had a good time getting every ones ball's out of the water when it was hit and hanging out with his Paw Paw.
We did not really do much of anything, but spend a lot of time at the beach and just relax. I had a really good time. That was the first vacation that we have been on with all of the kids. It was really nice having all of our kids around and spending time with us. Come Sunday evening I think the children had spent to much time together and could not wait to go their seperate ways.

I hated to see the vacation end. I loved Hilton Head. The island was very quiet and very family oriented. It was definitely not like Panama City Beach. I could see myself retiring to a condo on the beach like that one. I even mentioned it to Stephen and he just gave me the look like "I don't think so." So maybe a vacation home for when we retire.



Paw Paw and Maw really enjoyed themselves, we were so lucky to have them join us for these great memories!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you SO much for taking Mom and Dad with ya'll! I am so glad they were able to go and get away with you all. They really, really needed that!

Heather O'Pry said...

We were very happy to have them with us and I think that they really enjoyed themselves.

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you had such a fun time but I am even more glad that you are back. I was having Heather withdrawls!!!!!!!