Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Everyone should live with Jesus

Tonight I was running Hunter's bath water and there was a cricket in the bathtub. I called Hunter over to look at it and of course the boy in him wanted to get a cup and catch it. Crickets are harmless so I told him to go ahead. He scooped it up and said "Mommy what we gonna do wif him?" I was ready for my shower and he was ready for his bath so I said "We will leave him on the counter (in the cup) and when we get out we will let him go outside. He wanted to keep him as a pet and after a talk about why crickets live outside and not inside he was prepared to let him go.
I ran Hunter's water, gathered up his bath toys, and checked in on the little guy to see if he was ok. By this time Hunter was in the tub. Of course as my luck goes, the cricket died! I had to explain to Hunter that the cricket died so we would not be able to let him go outside. Soooo I did what my first instinct was and I dumped him in the trash can. Hunter gets so upset with me and tells me "Mommy he is pose to go live with Jesus, everyone lives with Jesus." Oh my goodness what was I to say to him. I briefly told him that he will go and live with Jesus.
All of this came about when his two fish died. It was in an earlier post about Fred and Fe-Fe. Do you remember? Well the fish died and I had to go and bury them outside, or so Hunter thought. I wanted to flush them down the toilet and he would not let me. So I carried them outside and gently placed them on top of the dirt and Hunter was happy. I refused to go outside and "bury" a cricket though. Is that wrong of me? I think that Hunter will understand one day why Mommy's say some of the things that they do just to pacify their children.

No comments: