Friday, November 7, 2008

Stephen is the winner!

All of you animal rights activist please do not read any further.








Ok so a few weeks ago I posted how my country boys have started the hunting season, right? Well Stephen is the big winner. On October 24th he killed an 10 point buck. He has been on my case about blogging about his deer so that he can look back at his pictures. Honey, this is for you.
I really did want to blog about this because I am so proud of him, but the pictures that I have are not really good ones because he took them himself. There was another hunter on the property and he took some pictures, said that he would e-mail them to us and we never received them. Noone was at home to help him, but we really did want pictures, so he did the best that he could.

Then on November 5th Brian shot his first deer of the season, a spike. He was hunting by himself and was so happy when he saw this deer in front of his stand, so he took it out. Again, we did not have any pictures of his deer because he did not take the camera with him to the woods. I will tell you that he was so excited!
Hunting sounds so cruel when you think about those sweet little deer. I can assure you that we do not kill babies. The deer in Georgia are so overpopulated that there are so many car accidents because the deer run into cars and people get injured. Our family just helps out the Department of Natural Resources keep the population down.
If you have a week stomach you may not want to look either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My daddy and his deer. I love that about him and my brothers. Im glad my daddy won the thing. I LOVE YOU DADDY