Friday, November 21, 2008

What a day!

Yesterday Brian had two of his wisdom teeth pulled out. Because the teeth were not impacted deep in his gum the dentist was able to do it at his office. I allowed him to stay out of school and go hunting that morning to relax him and prepare for the afternoon appointment. My neighbor Michelle kept Hunter for me so that I could take Brian to eat lunch at his restaurant of choice. We went to eat mexican and I asked Brian was he nervous and he told me no, as well as everyone else who would ask him and his reply was "No".
As we are sitting out in the waiting room I asked him if he wanted me to go back there with him and he gave me the look and said "no Heather I can do this myself". So I'm sitting there reading my scrapbook magazine and the dental hygienist came out to speak to me. I thought "Ok she is just telling me that it is over and everything went well". Little did I know. She started off by saying "He is fine, but...". My heart just dropped! So she preceded to tell me that his blood pressure got a little high and they had to give him oxygen. I told her that I wanted to go back there with him. When I got to his room he was white as a ghost and was laying there with oxygen on his face. His blood pressure rose to 197/92. They had already numbed his mouth and I asked him did he want to go through with this and he told me yes. I asked them to give him something for his nerves, of course they did, and he never felt the affects of it. So the doctor came back in and was ready to start. I asked Brian again, "Are you SURE that you want to go through with this?" and again "Yes" was his answer. Once the procedure started it took literally 10 minutes and it was over. I sat there with my hands on my face sympathizing for my child who lays in the chair in pain. My mom use to tell her kids I wish I could take the pain because I would. Now I know what she always meant. I do not like to see my kids in pain. Although Brian is 18 and as big as a grown man, it still hurts me to see him hurt. We managed at the dentist and made our way home to get Brian comfortable.
Michelle watched Hunter for me so that I could take Brian and I was very grateful for that. After I got Brian comfortable at home I went next door to get Hunter. When I walked in Michelle, Toby, and Hunter were making get well cards for Brian and having a good time. Michelle tells me "Ha ha your one up on me now". I thought she was talking about her keeping Hunter because we keep each other's kids as often as the other needs it. We both love to keep each other's boy's because they play so good together and actually behave very well. What can I say our boy's are perfect. So anyways, what Michelle was talking about was the incident that just took place. Michelle had stepped out of the room and Tate her 4 month old son, which Hunter loves to death, was whimpering and whining as he lay in his bouncy seat on the floor. Well Hunter being the little concerned one that he is thought that he could handle Tate by himself. He picked Tate up out of the bouncy seat and was trying to put him on the couch when you guessed it....he dropped Tate! Michelle said that it was chaotic for a moment because she was trying to soothe Tate when Hunter goes bizerk. Hunter was extremely upset because he had dropped Tate, rightfully so. When I got there Hunter was still trying to catch his breath from where he was so upset. Must I tell you that Tate is ok, he just got a little bump on his head, Hunter on the other hand is heart broken. Michelle and I explained to him that he does not EVER pick up a baby without an adult being there. He just wanted to help as he explained to me what happened. Last night before we went to bed, keep in mind this was about 7 hours after the incident, Hunter out of the blue tells me " Awe I can't hold babies". I had to explain to him all over again why he can not hold babies. Michelle and Tate I hope that you can forgive us and we can still be friends.
If you only knew what our children have done in each other's home. The messes that they have made. We all still love each other and are very thankful that our families have each other.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I still love you, Hunter! The funny part was the very next day he came over to play and asked "Chelle, can I hold Tate?" :)