Monday, May 18, 2009

Brittaney is 15!

Brittaney turned 15 on May 14Th and it is so hard to believe that she is driving now. I have been in her life for 12 years now and can remember the first time that I met her. She hid behind her Daddy's leg fearing this crazy looking woman who was trying to talk to her. She was so cute with curly brown hair and those big brown O'Pry eyes. I have seen Brittaney go through many changes from being a bratty little girl and now growing into a beautiful young lady. She is very intelligent and has such a sweet spirit about her.




Stephen was able to take off work on Thursday so that he could spend the day with his little girl, as he puts it. We met Brittaney and her Mom for breakfast and then Brittaney was able to come with me, Stephen, and Hunter. As we patiently waited for the DMV to open up we came back to the house and watched a little television while Brittaney's butterflies continued to flutter in her stomach. As 9 a.m. neared we quickly made our way to the DMV for Britt to take her test for her learner's license. I continued to take pictures with my phone and sent them to Britt's mom to keep her informed and her and I kept praying that Britt would pass. I'm not sure as to why we were praying because we know that she is very intelligent, but we both really wanted her to pass on the first time. The lady called her name and her Daddy stood beside her the entire time until he had to let her go behind the line to take the test. He was eyeing her the whole time. I sure would love to know what was going through that man's head as he watched his only baby girl taking her test.


She finally completed and we could see victory all over her face. She was smiling from ear to ear. She looks at us and whispers "I passed...I only missed three". She is so proud of her driver's license and now she can cash a check without the bank giving her any problems. She has told me the story 3 times of how she went to the bank last week to cash a check and the teller gave her a hard time because she did not have any i.d, so now she should not have any problems. Brittaney has wanted to drive everywhere and she actually does a great job driving. Keep up the good work Britt we are all very proud of you!

No comments: