Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

With mother's day upon us tomorrow, I want to take the time to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day. My Mom, Mother in law, and our Grandmother's especially. I'm forever grateful to have you ladies in my life and I'm very lucky to have role models like you to teach me how to raise my children. Thank you for everything that you have done for Stephen and I both, because we both had such a wonderful childhood and it is with your love and support that we have became the parents that we are today.

I love to reflect on Mother's Day and how lucky that I am to be a Mommy. I was told at the age of 20,after some surgery, that I probably could not conceive and that if I do conceive it will be very hard. It was 7 months later that I met Stephen and began to fall in love. Later, I found out that he had 3 children. Wow, what a shock! My mom told me that maybe this was God's way of giving me children that I have always yearned to have. I was a little hesitant at first. I began to agree and 15 months later we were married.

I was a Mom at the young age of 22 and had never given birth, now that was something to brag about. Stephen and I were married for 6 years when we decided to try and have a baby. Six short months later I was pregnant with Hunter. He came to us 7 weeks early and had to stay in the NICU for a week after being born, but now he is healthy and thriving. I feel like I am the luckiest woman in the world to have 4 healthy and beautiful children who I love more than anything in the world. I love being a mommy to Hunter, a step mommy to my older boys, and Britt's heder! Being a mom is the hardest job anyone could ever have. My children know how to make me so happy, and they know how to make me so mad I could spit fire!

To Brian, Britt and Austin thank you for loving me and accepting me as your daddy's wife. I'm so glad that you came into my life and I love you more than you will ever know. I will always be here for you no matter what. I'm very glad to be your step-mommy. To Hunter you are the light of my life and you know how to make me smile. You are so loved by your brothers and sissy. Thank you for being a sweet and loving little boy; do not ever change that. I'm so glad to be your mommy. For all of my kids... always follow your dreams and never let anyone stop you from achieving your goals. I love you! Finally, to my heavenly Father, thank you for my greatest blessings...Brian, Britt, Austin, and Hunter.

Happy Mother's Day to all!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What a beautiful post, Heather. Of course, "Let them be little" had to be playing while I was reading this. Thanks for the water works!

April & Brittaney said...

I am glad that you had a great Mothers Day.. I know I did.. Thank you for always being there for Britt, I know it hasnt always been easy.. but you have stuck it out and never given up on her.