Sunday, May 24, 2009

My baby is a big boy now

Last night was Hunter's first night spending the night away from home. There have been a few times that this was attempted and he never went through with it. Twice was at my mom's house and once was with my neighbor Michelle. Saturday night my parents were over and when they were ready to leave Austin was going to spend the night with them. Hunter was having a fit because his bubbie was leaving him. Some how bubbie convinced him to go with him and spend the night at Noni's with him and they could sleep together. Before I knew it Hunter was asking me to get his clothes so that he could go with bubbie. Stephen and I both were trying to talk him out of this one because it was already 9:30 and we just knew that we were going to have to pick him up in a couple of hours.
Stephen and I got into the bed and I grabbed the phone waiting on that phone call. The house was quiet besides the television which was on a low volume because Stephen went to sleep. As I laid there waiting on the phone to ring I began to wonder, Was he really going to do it this time, spend the night away from me? I had no one to snuggle up with me and play with my hair as he does. Stephen was snuggled up to me, but it was not my baby. Then...the phone rang. I knew that my baby was not going to spend the night away from me because he is a mama's boy and when it comes to bedtime he needs Mommy and Daddy. I was quickly singing my victory song and answering the phone, getting ready to hear my little man say "come and get me". I was wrong! He was calling to tell me that I did not pack his spider man house shoes and he needed them. I apologized and told him that I would pack them the next time, I asked him could I talk to bubbie, gave him love over the phone and told him bye. I asked bubbie was Hunter ok, do you think that I need to come and get him? He laughed at me and said "no, he is excited about sleeping with me."
As I laid there again waiting on the phone to ring so many thoughts were going through my head. I soon fell asleep without my Hunter. I woke up Sunday morning with just my husband who cooked me breakfast. I was very surprised because I'm usually the one to cook. I think that he enjoyed it actually, but he said that he did not enjoy the bacon grease hitting him in his belly.
So it is official, my baby is quickly turning into a big boy. I still can not believe that he spent the night away from Stephen and I. My mom was the only one who had confidence that he was going to stay through the night. Regardless of him becoming a big boy, he will always need his Mommy. At least that makes me feel better to think that way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Hunter!

April & Brittaney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
April & Brittaney said...

Aww hunny dont worry they will always need thier Mommies... Britt is not a big stay away from home person either... she is ok for a day or maybe even two if she is having fun.. but bet she is going to be on the phone with me several times wanting to know what I am doing.. Look at it this way.. its all down hill from here.. next will be weekend trips and then drivers license... lol