Saturday, March 6, 2010

Hunter's 5th birthday party











Man when we party...we really party. We celebrated Hunter's 5Th birthday on February 27Th and rented the entire skating rink. Stephen and I (more Stephen) were worried that we were not going to have many kids show up. Boy were we surprised. With the skating party it covers 30 people and we wanted to make sure that we got our money's worth. I think we did plus some. I had made 24 goody bags for the children and gave everyone of them away and was still short 3! Plus we had the parents who accompanied the children. I think total we had almost 50 people there.
We had a blast. Pizza, chips, cookies, cake, drinks, skates, and fun music now that is a party. Some of the guests had not been on skates since they were their children's age. We even had the grandparents on skates. Stephen and I decided after two injuries that night and the body aches the next day, next year skating was off limits to the grandparents. The only thing that we were missing was 80's and 90's music. Brittaney was running the music so she would not let us play old songs...party pooper! I laughed so hard at everyone, it was such a joy to see smiles on every one's face.
Someone please tell me why I have tried to do Hunter's parties at my house these past few years? Oh yeah because he is only 5! I think every year we will have skating parties. I know how much I love that little guy, but I was amazed at everyone else that loves him as well. Thank you so much everyone for sharing in his special day with us. He told me several times "Mommy dis is de best birtday ever". What a great feeling to know that you make your children happy.



No comments: