Friday, March 26, 2010

My sister's family lives in Delaware because my brother in law is in the Air Force and is stationed there. My nephew Drew (Brian) is 18 and graduated high school last year and went straight into the Air Force, so now his journey begins. He got his orders and will now be stationed in Valdosta which is 3 hours from our house. I am so excited because he will be close to us and his grandparents. So, last night he spent the night with us and had to report this afternoon at 12. Hunter loves Drew so much he is always talking about him, so when I told him that Drew was coming to spend the night he was so excited and said "he can sleep with me". It was a short visit, but well worth it. I had to snap a picture of him in uniform before he left this morning.



At noon today Hunter had his Easter egg hunt with his class and I was able to attend it with him. The walk from the school to the football field (where the hunt took place) was way to long for me, but I sucked it up and kept on trucking for my little man. I was able to stand on the hill and watch him and when he saw that I was there he was so excited. After the egg hunt was over I checked him out of school early and we went to the grocery store to pick up a few things. Hunter was so excited that he was going to be able to ride on the little hoveround cart with me. Brian met us at the store once he got out of school so he was able to pick up the heavy stuff while Hunter navigated us through the store. We finished up and headed home and on the way home mine and Hunter's conversation went like this:

H: "Mommy I'm so glad I come home with you"

M: "Hunter I'm so glad that you came home with me to you have been such a big help"

H: (loudly) "Mommy wait wait slow down"

(as we get over the bridge)


M: "Hunter what is wrong"

H: "member that bridge shakes your belly"
M: "Aww Hunter you are so sweet, it does jiggle Mommy's belly"

So as we get into the subdivision I said to Hunter "Hey how about giving Mommy a kiss since I checked you out of school early and he replies "I have been waiting on that" and I said "waiting on what?" and he says "A kiss from you Mommy". He just melts my heart all of the time.


Once we got home Hunter unloaded all of the groceries...even the heavy stuff as I put away the groceries. By this time I was feeling some pain so I took my medicine and Hunter and I crawled into my bed and snuggled in for a afternoon nap.

Then tonight Stephen shaved my legs for me. I feel like a new person. My surgery was 2 1/2 weeks ago and I have not been able to shave (nasty!!). I bought that smooth away, by the way works really good, thinking that would help him because he was scared he would cut me. Tonight he called me in the bathroom and said "let's get it done". He used my real razor and shaved away. The bottom of the bathtub looked ridiculous once he finished. Hunter finished up the job by putting lotion on my legs. My boys are awesome! Thanks guys so much, I sure could not have survived surgery without you.

No comments: