Friday, March 12, 2010

Post Surgery

Tuesday I had surgery and spent three nights in the hospital. I have never been away from Hunter that long before. I think that we both were having withdrawals. I was able to come home this morning while Hunter was at school. I climbed into my bed and tried to get somewhat as comfortable as I possibly could. Hunter came in from school and immediately made a b-line for our bedroom. I was asleep so he crawled up in bed with me and gave me lots of love and preceded to tell me how much he missed me and he was so glad that I was home. I remember waking up with him sound asleep up under me. He has never done that before...take a nap when he got home from school.
While I was gone he was able to sleep with Daddy and he was really excited about that. He did not want to stay with anyone except Stephen, they had a really good time while I was gone and I knew that Hunter was very well taken care of. The only thing I had to concentrate on was getting my self well enough to come home and be with those that I love the most. My hospital room was really really nice and the nurses took very good care of me, but there is no place like home and I'm glad to be back.
Brian stayed with me one night and saw to it that I had my oxygen mask on the entire time. I fought with that stupid thing all night long. The next night my Mom stayed with me and took good care of me. I am so grateful to have so many people in my life who love me and take care of me. I am a very hard person to take care of because I want to be the one to take care of others and not them take care of me.

No comments: