Saturday, March 6, 2010

Put your child on restriction and this is what you get...

Last week Brian was on restriction for the weekend. For something small, but I had to follow through with my discipline because I am a pushover when it comes to the kids. So, he decided to make dinner for everyone. I do not know if he was being nice, or trying to suck up so that I would let him off the handle. Either way dinner was absolutely delicious and very much appreciated. I really wish I would have taken pictures of the food on the grill, however I was slacking just slightly enjoying the break. He grilled filet mignon, shrimp, mushrooms and onions, made a few steak and shrimp kabobs, and a tossed salad. Not only did he make all of this, but he bought the steak for everyone.

I told him that he should do this more often. Cook that is not get on restriction. However, restriction was nice for Stephen and I because we were actually able to spend time with him. No wonder as a child we stayed on restriction so much...I understand my parents plans now. This coming week as I head into surgery Brian keeps assuring me that he has the kitchen part covered. I have been cooking meals and freezing them and he tells me "Heather, quit worrying I got this." As long as the kid has zesty Italian dressing he can make anything.
Thank you Brian dinner was great. I love you and am very thankful that I have you!




No comments: