Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpking carving


Fall is one of my favorite season's and with Fall comes pumpkin carving. I remember as a child every year my Grandfather would see to it that we went to the state farmer's market in search of the biggest pumpkin around. My Mom was telling me that one year our pumpkin was so big that it took two men to load our pumpkin into the car. Unfortunately for my kids, that adventure did not rub off on me, however, we do buy a pumpkin and carve it.
Last year my Mom was here to help in the pumpkin carving adventure and she started the biggest pumpkin war. This year she was a little late, but that did not stop Brian. He shoved a fist full of pumpkin goo in Brittaney's face and the war began. I really need to let loose because all I was worried about was the mess that they were making and then I realized "One day I will wish they were here to make a mess", so I let them have at it. Hunter even had to get in on the fun this year, and he was so excited that he had goo on his face.
Brian broke out the drill as he and Stephen were trying to determine which face they were going to carve while I was ever so diligently working on Hunter's
pumpkin. I have to say we did a really good job, I was so proud of Brian's creativity with the help of his Daddy. Brittaney washed the seeds and prepared them for roasting, our little treat, we had a really good time.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: