Thursday, October 16, 2008

I want to be like Daddy...

Yesterday I helped out at Hunter's school for the day and had so much fun with the children. I love to see their little minds at work. When it is circle time how they squirm constantly to try to stay in the chair to learn days of the week, months, weather, and read a book. Three year old's are so full of energy and to watch as they really try hard to remain still is so funny.

The reason that I wanted to post this blog though is because when I went into the classroom his teacher was telling me how sweet he is. I already know this except when he is sleepy or hungry, but I was anxious to hear what he did today. So she showed me this booklet that he has been working on this past week and it was about the family. There was a certain page that Mrs. Mae asked Hunter "what do you want to be when you get big like Daddy?" she informed me that most other kids were rambling off careers like a fireman, policeman, etc. Not my sweet baby he looked at her and said that it sounded like this "I wanna be yike Daddy". Is that not the sweetest thing I have ever heard. I am so lucky to have a husband who is such a great role model for his children that his 3 year old son recognizes and wants to be like him.
Then Ms. Wendy asked me if I heard what Hunter did on Tuesday when they had the fire drill? I have not heard anything so I'm thinking "Oh gees what has he done this time". She said that the classroom was lined up walking to the parking lot and Hunter jumped out of line. Mrs. Mae told him to get in line and he said "Hold on I have to get this flower for my Mommy" She called him to the side and was kindly talking to him telling him that no one else got out of line and that he should not have either. He told her again (while showing her the flower) and explained that he had to get this flower for his Mommy. So Mrs. Mae just took the flower and stuck it between the buttons on his shirt so that he could bring it home to me. I do not like receiving flowers because they just die, I would rather have something that will last and I can look back on. What better flowers to receive than dandelions that are especially picked for me by the one little boy who thinks so much of me. I love being a mommy, but I love being Hunter's mommy more than anything in the world!

No comments: