Thursday, October 2, 2008

A short and sweet visit with my Aunt Diane



Last Saturday my Aunt Diane stopped by my Mom's house for a short and sweet visit. She lives in Gwinnett County and it is a shame that we do not see each other more often, but with every one's schedule it is hard to get together. I know we are family and we should make time...life is to short. Anyway, I have not seen her since Hunter was about 5 months old and it was so good to see her. She was coming back from from Florida where she had gone to visit her friend Cele who is sick, they have been friends for over 40 years, so she made a quick visit to see us.

Some of my fondest childhood memories are of my Aunt Diane, she is a woman that I truly admire. She is a beautiful, intelligent, strong, devoted and the list can go on...she is an amazing woman that I love very much. She has worked very hard all of her life and has raised 3 successful children. She is a great mother and a wonderful Aunt. OK so back to my memories... I could talk a long time about this lady. She would drive down to pick up my sister, my brother, and I for a weekend of fun at her house. We would wake up on Saturday morning to Fraggle Rock and homemade french toast, now that was a great Saturday morning! She would always take us to her work and show us off to all of her co-workers; she was so proud of us. I can remember she had hardwood floors in her house and my siblings and I would put on our socks and run as fast as we could and slide all the way down the long hallway. Yes, she would get on to us because she was afraid of us getting hurt, but as soon as she was gone we would do it again (sorry Aunt Diane you know we love you though). We loved to play with her dogs and the only one that I can remember their name is Dixie, but we had fun with them.


My first Easter sunrise service was on top of Stone Mountain park with Aunt Diane. I remember it was cold and dark as we made our way to the service, but I loved being with her. She is a firm believer in her faith, I admire her for that. When I think of all that this lady has
been through it is comforting to know that she has always relied on our Lord for everything, the good and the bad.


Aunt Diane if you are reading this (as I sit here with a tears in my eye's) I just want to say thank you for being a wonderful Aunt to me. I miss all of the fun times that we use to spend together and I hope that one day my nieces and nephews can say the same about me or at least a little bit of what I said :). You are an inspiration to me and I love more than you will ever know!! THANK YOU!!!




No comments: