Thursday, October 30, 2008

Rest in peace Fi-Fi

Hunter's poor little Fi-Fi went home to be with Jesus today. She died earlier today and Brittaney and I were wondering how we were going to break to news to Hunter. So I told him that Fi-Fi was very sick. That did not work because he just continued to ask questions about what was wrong with her. I decided the best thing to do was to tell him the truth. I broke it to him gently and just told him that Fi-Fi died and she was going to live with Jesus. He asked me if I was going to bury her and I told him that I was going to let her swim down the toilet. He replies in his sweet voice "No Mommy there are alligators in the toilet" and I said well were do you want me to bury her and he told me as he was playing this out with his hands...You go outside, dig up some dirt, and lay her in the ground. I did just that...well almost. I took her outside and poured her out in the woods. I am a horrible mother, but it was dark and I could not have a proper burial in the dark. Rest assured that Brittaney has already informed me that I am so mean. So may Fi-Fi rest in peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was mean that poor poor fish