Monday, October 6, 2008

Girls night out

Friday night I had the opportunity to have a girls night out and we had a blast. It was two of the mommy's from Hunter's school Cindy and Ann, my Mom, Nanny, and two other friends Heather and her mom Phyllis went to the movies and to dinner. We went to see Nights in Rodanthe and then went for mexican and margaritas. The movie was really good, I never read the book, but I will tell you that I did not like the end. Make sure that you take a box of kleenex and go with someone you can have a good cry with. I was so excited that I was acually going to have some girl time that I left my camera at home.
I will tell you that we had a really good time though. I called to check on my boys after the movie and Stephen said they were fine so I told him that I would see him after dinner. As soon as dinner was over and I was paying for the bill I get a phone call from home. My husband is frantic on the other end and asks how close am I? I let him know that I was paying and I would be there in 15 minutes, what was wrong? He let me know that Hunter had just gone into the bathroom and would not let Stephen clean him up. So with me on the phone Hunter is in the background telling Daddy so politely "no I want to wait on Mommy" Stephen insist that he let Daddy help him "wipe his hiney" Hunter still insist "No, I want to wait on Mommy". So Stephen had no clue what to do because Hunter would not let him clean him up and he can not sit there until I get home because his legs will go numb. Laughing hysterically, I told Stephen to go and get the step stool so that his legs will not go numb and get him a magazine to read, can you imagine this sight? The entire way home I felt so guilty of going out and leaving my boys, but I wanted them to have some bonding time. I made it home in about 10 minutes ( I will not tell you my speed), but the entire time this cloud of guilt hung over my head. When I walked in the door and ran to the bathroom there sat Hunter in the position that I told his Daddy to leave him in. After we get cleaned up we go into the living room and talk about our night. Hunter tells me the normal "Mommy I miss you so much" and I let him know that I missed him and I love him very much. So I asked him "Hunter how come Daddy can not wipe your hiney, is he mean to you?" and he says "no you mean to me...you left me" Stephen and I could not help but to laugh because he was so serious. Stephen says "Hunter why can Daddy not wipe your hiney?" and he says in the sweetest voice " Daddy your shouer hurts" yes it sounded just like it is spelled. My husband and I could not understand all of this time why Daddy could not do the duty, we know that he has an extremely week stomach, but he was more than prepared to suck it up and do his Daddy duties. Our little boy was more worried about Daddy's shoulder hurting (because he is still recovering from intense shoulder surgery from Sept. 25th) than he was about getting off of the potty. I love my boys so much and I appreciate them giving me the opportunity to go and have some fun, but I think that it will be a little while before I have another night out. Hunter is such a Mommy's boy that I can not do anything without him, but he is only young once and I will treasure these little moments, that is why I have a blog to look back on.

No comments: